All About D Link WiFi Extender Setup
Are you looking for a way to increase the coverage of your existing wireless network? Well, you should consider bringing a Dlink WiFi extender in your home. With the help of a D-Link extender, you will be able to extend the signals of your home router throughout your home. Not just that, but you will also be able to access the internet in those areas that have no WiFi service.
In this guide, we have covered different methods through which you can perform D Link WiFi extender setup, change and manage settings, and other related topics. So, wait no more, scroll down, and stick to reading.
D Link WiFi Extender Setup via WPS Method
Here are the instructions that you should walk through in order to set up a Dlink WiFi extender via the WPS method:
- Place your D-Link extender and the existing router in the same room.
- Plug the wireless extender into a wall socket and press the Power button.
- Now, connect your TP-Link range extender to the existing WiFi router.
Note: Make sure that the wall socket into which you have plugged your Dlink WiFi extender is in good condition.
- Wait for the LED to turn green.
- Now, press the WPS button located on your Dlink WiFi extender.
- Relocate your extender and place it at your desired location.
And that’s it! You have successfully performed D Link WiFi extender setup using the WPS method.
D Link WiFi Extender Setup via Manual Method
Another method through which you can set up your D-Link extender is using the Manual method. Below-mentioned are the steps that will help you configure your device manually:
- Create a connection between your D-Link extender and the existing router.
Note: You can use a wired as well as a wireless source to connect your devices.
- Switch on your computer and make sure that it has access to a lag-free internet connection.
- Launch an internet browser. Make sure that it is running on its updated version.
- Type the default web address of your Dlink WiFi extender in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- Once on the D-Link extender login page, enter the default login credentials.
- Click the Log In button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts carefully.
Congratulations! You have completed performing Dlink setup using the Manual method. In case you get stuck at any point during the process, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts for help.
Dlink WiFi Extender Login
- Start the login process by creating a connection between your Dlink WiFi extender and the existing router.
- Once done, it is recommended that you switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser. You are free to use any browser of your choice.
- Enter the default web address in the URL of the internet browser. You can also use the default IP address to access the D-Link extender login page.
- Press Enter.
- You will find yourself on the D-Link extender login page.
- Fill in the default username and password into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
Note: If you are not certain regarding the default login credentials of your Dlink WiFi extender, look for the printed label at the bottom of the device. You will see information regarding your device over there.
Troubleshooting D Link WiFi Extender Setup Issues
Many users come across issues while trying to set up their Dlink WiFi extender. If you too are facing issues during Dlink setup, it is recommended that you follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below:
- Make sure that your Dlink WiFi extender is receiving an adequate power supply from the electrical outlet.
- If the Ethernet cable connecting your D-Link extender and the existing router is worn out or damaged from anywhere, get it replaced with a new one.
- Be very careful while typing the default web address in the address bar of the internet browser. Avoid entering the default web address in the search bar of the browser. Also, get rid of typos.
- Ensure that your Dlink WiFi extender and your home router are placed away from things like mirrors, fish tanks, cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, Bluetooth speakers, aluminum studs, etc.
- If the web browser you are using to access the D-Link extender login page is damaged, then also you can come across setup issues. Therefore, keep your browser up-to-date. Additionally, if required, clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your browser.
- Enter the default username and password very carefully. Remember, the default admin details of your Dlink WiFi extender are case-sensitive.
We hope that after following these troubleshooting tips, you will be able to perform D Link WiFi extender setup in a hassle-free manner.
How to Perform Dlink Firmware Update?
When you begin to notice that there is a decline in the internet speed of your Dlink WiFi extender, there could be many possible reasons behind the issue. Nevertheless, an outdated firmware is the topmost reason.
If the firmware of your device is running on an outdated firmware, you can also come across several other technical issues. Therefore, wait no more, and perform D Link firmware update by accessing the Dlink setup wizard.
Walk through the below-mentioned instructions and learn how to perform D Link firmware update manually:
- Plug the Dlink WiFi extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Next, connect your extender with the existing modem using a wired or wireless source.
- Once a strong connection between your devices has been established, switch on your PC.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type the default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the D-Link extender login page.
- When prompted, fill in the default username and password of your Dlink WiFi extender.
- Click Log In.
- Once logged in, navigate to the Settings section.
- Click the Management option.
- Select Upgrade > Check for New Firmware.
- Your Dlink WiFi extender will search if there is any new firmware version available.
- If there is, select Update Firmware.
- Click Apply and wait for some time for the firmware to get updated.
In this manner, you will easily be able to perform D Link firmware update. In case you come across any technical issues during the D Link firmware update process, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our well-versed technicians. They will surely be of some assistance to you.